Sunday, November 3, 2013

To the Goddess on Samhain

Hello Goddess,

I had plans for Samhain to spend a few hours outdoors, reconnecting with Nature.
Nothing fancy or complicated, but I was really looking forward to it;
To finally have some quiet time on a special day before the busy Halloween night began.

Instead it rained all morning and I didn't get out.

So I spent the day with my family -
Having breakfast and lunch with them, carving pumpkins, and preparing costumes;
Trick-or-Treating, sorting the loot, and staying up too late on a school night;
Then watching television with my wife.

I didn't have the day I planned,
But I had a great Samhain just the same -
Spending the day and having fun with my family.

Thank you, Goddess, for a wonderful Samhain with my family,
And for showing me where I needed to be.

-mf

No comments:

Post a Comment